Volunteer Work in a National Park in Patagonia
- Quick facts
- Program Details
- costs and services
At the edge of the Torres del Paine National Park
Torres del Paine National Park, Patagonia, Puerto Natales, Chile.
This is one of the most fascinating national parks in Chile. It is located in the region of Magallanes, in the very south of Chile, in the middle of Patagonia. The nearest major city is Puerto Natales, depending on the park access about 60 - 90 minutes drive away. The nearest airport is in Punta Arenas, about 4 hours by car.
- Maintaining hiking trails
- Helping at the visitor center
- Environmental Education
- Marketing and administration work
- Helping with campaigns and scientific studies (not always possible)
- Working in agriculture
(We would like to point out that the tasks may vary and depend on factors such as the number of volunteers, weather, season, current needs of the project, and self-motivation. Volunteers may not be fully involved in all the tasks mentioned above.)
8 hours / day for 11 consecutive days, followed by 4 days free. (Important: On the free days the volunteers have to leave the project. The accommodation and meals on these days off are not included, nor is the transportation to and from the project site).
Due to extreme climate the project is open only between September and April. Starting dates are always on the 1st of each month.
30 days or 60 days
Good physical fitness
Shared room in the volunteer house (Important: On the free days the volunteers have to leave the project. The accommodation and meals on these days off are not included, nor is the transportation to and from the project site)
Full-board on working days (Important: On the free days the volunteers have to leave the project. The accommodation and meals on these days off are not included, nor is the transportation to and from the project site)
Internet (wifi) is available. However, the connection is very instable.
Our English-speaking team in the Chile Inside office in Santiago de Chile is always there for you. Furthermore, there is an on-site volunteer coordinator.
24/7 Emergency Number
With the booking confirmation you will receive our 24-hour emergency number, under which you can reach us 24/7 in case of emergency.
Please send us your detailed CV with photo and the completed registration form. For more information on the registration process, please see the instructions on the first page of the registration form or contact one of our experienced staff members.
There are no application deadlines. We recommend submitting the documents as early as possible, at least 12 weeks before the desired start of the program, so that there is sufficient time to assure a smooth placement process. For short-term applications please contact us.
- Volunteering at one of the most beautiful national parks in the world
- Living in the midst of untouched nature
- Being close to the top attractions of southern Chile
- No application deadlines
- Flexible start and end dates
- Participation possible even without prior knowledge
- English-speaking care through our office in Santiago de Chile
In the deep south of Chile, in Patagonia, lies the famous Torres del Paine National Park. It is the figurehead of Chile and one of the most popular parks in the world.
The Torres del Paine National Park is at the top of the travel wish list for many people, especially outdoor and trekking fans. And once there, everyone is captivated by the majestic beauty of this place. The volunteer project is dedicated to protecting and preserving the original flora and fauna surrounding the national park.
With around 4,400 acres of land at the starting point of the day hikes to the famous Three Towers ("Las Torres") and the popular five-day W-Trek the project is working hard to keep the human footprint as low as possible, although the tourist traffic is increasing from year to year.
In addition, the project is responsible for the park's extensive eco-friendly infrastructure and offers lectures and information on environmental education and environmental awareness among tourists.
In this project, you can learn in one of the most beautiful, but wildest places in the world, how tourism and nature conservation can coexist even in sensitive ecosystems. The project is suitable for volunteers who like to work physically in the outdoors and are not afraid of wind and weather.
Th program includes:
- Shared room in volunteer house (domo)
- Full-board (3 meals/day)
- Competent English-speaking advice
- Translation of the application documents and your CV in Spanish
- Organization of your volunteer work in Chile
- Program confirmation for the visa application (if necessary)
- English-speaking in-country support
- Useful information about your stay in Chile
- Handbook Chile
- Our collection of "Insider Tips" for your stay in Chile
- Informative welcome talk in our office in Santiago
- You will be accompanied to your volunteer place on the first day (only possible in Santiago)
- Certificate of participation from Chile Inside
- 24/7 emergency number
minimum stay 30 days
Each additional Week
As add-on you can book:
Do not forget!
Get your travel insurance here: