Volunteer Work in
Environmental Education for Children
- Quick facts
- Program details
- Costs and services
Environmental Club for Children
Pisco Elqui, Coquimbo Region, Chile.
Pisco Elqui is located about 450 km north of Santiago de Chile. La Serena, the most important city in this region, is about 100 km from Pisco Elqui.
- Unterstützung der verschiedenen Programmbereiche (sportliche Aktivitäten, Ausflüge in die Natur, Workshops, Gemüsegarten, • Supporting the different projects (sports activities, excursions into nature, workshops, vegetable garden, environmental education, etc.)
- Supervising the children
- Helping to plant the orchards and greenhouses with the children
- Doing art projects (music, dance, painting, theater, etc.)
- Promoting local crafts
- Assisting in the area of "food and healthy living" and "environmental awareness" (sports activities, teaching on waste separation, recycling, etc.)
- Drafting projects for the further development of the organization
- Developing own ideas, in order to employ the children meaningfully
- Giving English lessons (not always available)
- Ecotourism (not always available)
(We would like to point out that the tasks may vary and depend on factors such as the number of volunteers, weather, season, current needs of the project, and self-motivation. Volunteers may not be fully involved in all the tasks mentioned above.)
Between 30 and 40 hours / week. Mondays - Fridays from 9am to 1pm and 3pm to 6pm (may vary slightly depending on the season)..
Year round, start and end dates are flexible
Minimum 4 weeks, maximum 6 months
Single room in a local Homestay
Full-board (3 meals/day)
All our homestays have Internet access (Wifi) available.
Our English-speaking team in the Chile Inside office in Santiago de Chile is always there for you. There is also an on-site Volunteer Coordinator.
24/7 Emergency Numbner
With the booking confirmation you will receive our 24-hour emergency number, under which you can reach us 24/7 in case of emergency.
Please send us your detailed CV with photo and the completed registration form. For more information on the registration process, please see the instructions on the first page of the registration form or contact one of our experienced staff members.
There are no application deadlines. We recommend submitting the documents as early as possible, at least 12 weeks before the desired start of the program, so that there is sufficient time to assure a smooth placement process. For short-term applications please contact us.
- Individual project placement
- No application deadlines
- Flexible start and end dates
- Participation possible even without prior knowledge
- English-speaking in-country support
- The project site has sunshine guarantee all year round
- Intercultural orientation in our office in Santiago de Chile
Since 2011, our partner organization has been working to increase the environmental awareness of children from the Pisco Elqui region so that they grow into ecologically and socially responsible adults. This is especially important when growing up in a region where natural resources are scarce, ecosystems are fragile and humans can only thrive on sophisticated farming techniques.
On the grounds of the organization, the children like to join each other to spend their free time together, to learn about the conservation of nature and species in environmental clubs and to lend a hand in the vegetable and orchard itself.
The three principal goals of the project are:
- The TINI-method: In this project, every child receives a piece of soil to take care of and to plant on. They watch the growth of their cultivation and learn to take responsibility for something.
- The Water-Education-Academy: These workshops were implemented to teach the children a responsible handling of water resources.
- Tiva-Excursions: In order to enhance physical activity and teach children about nature at the same time. Tthe project does a lot of excursions into nature such as hiking trips so that children can experience their local flora and fauna.
The UNESCO has acknowledged these methods to be sustainable developmental methods that have since been implemented in other countries around the world.
Pisco Elqui, where the project takes place, is a village in the idyllic Elqui Valley, in the Coquimbo region about 450 km north of the state capital of Santiago de Chile and about 100 km from the beautiful coastal town of La Serena. Pisco Elqui is a popular tourist spot due to the beautiful location in an Andean vally, the many Pisco distilleries, the home of Nobel Prize for Literature Gabriela Mistral as well as the amazing starry sky and sunny weather all year round.
The children from the surrounding villages, who take part in the project, mostly come from simple backgrounds and enjoy every kind of activities and adventure. You will be amazed how eager they are to learn and help. In order to actively support this project, you should be fond of children, creative, communicative and environmentally aware.
The program includes:
- Single room in a local homestay
- Full-board (3 meals/day)
- Competent English-speaking advice
- Translation of the application documents and your CV in Spanish
- Organization of your volunteer work in Chile
- Program confirmation for the visa application (if necessary)
- English-speaking in-country support
- Useful information about your stay in Chile
- Handbook Chile
- Our collection of "Insider Tips" for your stay in Chile
- Informative welcome talk in our office in Santiago
- You will be accompanied to your volunteer place on the first day (only possible in Santiago)
- Certificate of participation from Chile Inside
- 24/7 emergency number
minimum stay 4 weeks
each additional Week
As add-on you can book:
Do not forget!
Get your travel insurance here: