Volunteer Work on a Farm Sanctuary
- Quick facts
- Program Details
- Costs and Services
Farm Sanctuary for pets and farm animals
Limache is a cozy little town in the central region of Chile. It is about 35 kilometers from the famous port city of Valparaíso, which is very popular with tourists. Santiago de Chile is about 1.5 hours away. Limache has approx. 40,000 inhabitants and the landscape is rural. The city is beautifully situated surrounded by mountains, hills and valleys.
In our volunteer project for animals in need you can show your big heart for animals. Help neglected and abused animals "get back on their feet", regain trust in humans and live dignified lives.
Your tasks as a volunteer include:
- Care of the animals
- Feeding the animals
- Ensure that the animals always have enough water
- Keep stables and enclosures clean
- Construction of new enclosures and corrals
- Improve/maintain existing facilities
- Administering medication and/or assisting with vet visits
- Assisting in fundraising campaigns
- Public relations and educational work
- Maintaining the social media channels
If you love animals and like to have animals around you all day long, then you will enjoy this volunteer work very much. However, please be aware that the work can also be hard and exhausting. The tasks have to be done dutifully and carefully. The welfare of the animals comes first!
(We would like to point out that the tasks may vary and depend on factors such as the number of volunteers, weather, season, current needs of the project, and self-motivation. Volunteers may not be fully involved in all the tasks mentioned above.)
Between 30 and 40 hours / week
Year round, start and end dates are flexible
Minimum 2 weeks
Shared room in the volunteer house.
The consumption of alcohol and tobacco is prohibited.
Basic groceries for breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. In line with animal welfare, all foods are plant-based. Additional food such as biscuits, sweets, special requests, or non-alcoholic drinks can be bought in the nearest town.
Internet access available via data package.
Our English-speaking team in the Chile Inside office in Santiago de Chile is always there for you.
24/7 Emergency Number
With the booking confirmation you will receive our 24-hour emergency number, under which you can reach us 24/7 in case of emergency.
Please send us your detailed CV with photo and the completed registration form. For more information on the registration process, please see the instructions on the first page of the registration form or contact one of our experienced staff members.
There are no application deadlines. We recommend submitting the documents as early as possible, at least 6 weeks before the desired start of the program, so that there is sufficient time to assure a smooth placement process. For short-term applications please contact us.
- Individual project placement
- No application deadlines
- Flexible start and end dates
- Participation possible even without prior knowledge
- English-speaking in-country support
- Amazing program location in central Chile
- Stay abroad with a meaning
When one thinks of rescuing animals, pets like dogs and cats usually come to mind. However, there are also an incredible number of farm animals that are victims of violence, abuse or neglect.
This wonderful volunteer project takes place at a farm sanctuary that has been taking care of pets and farm animals in need of help since 2016. Animals that have been subjected to neglect and abuse find a new loving home on 9 hectares of land. The animals are cared for, treated and pimped up again. They are not available for adoption but are allowed to spend the rest of their life at the farm sanctuary. More than 160 animals (number may change) of 15 different species have already found a safe and caring home at the sanctuary.
Via social media, the farm sanctuary also makes a great contribution to educational work in relation to the respectful handling of farm animals and pets.
Do you love animals and want to work for their protection and appropriate animal husbandry - then this volunteer project is just right for you.
The Program includes:
- Shared room in the Volunteer House
- Staple food
- Competent English-speaking advice
- Translation of the application documents and your CV in Spanish
- Organization of your volunteer work in Chile
- Program confirmation for the visa application (if necessary)
- English-speaking in-country support
- Useful information about your stay in Chile
- Handbook Chile
- Our collection of "Insider Tips" for your stay in Chile
- Certificate of participation from Chile Inside
- 24/7 emergency number
minimum stay 2 weeks
each additional week
As add-on you can book:
Do not forget!
Get your travel insurance here: